This post was originally Published on Bowdabrablog.com
Hello lovelies! I am so exited to share my craft with you today. I love using my Bowdabra to help my Valentine's Day Decor be that much more special. I love decorating with plates for every holiday. There's just something about plates...You can really just do so much to make a boring, ugly plate that much cuter. I love it! Today I am going to show you how I made a Chalkboard Love Note Plate.
Here is what you will need:
1 glass plate
black chalkboard paint
hot glue gun
1. You can either purchase a plate on clearance or at the Dollar Store. I used a mismatched plate from a set of dishes my mother no longer wanted. I love when I can find a creative way to reuse something that would be on its way to the giveaway pile.
2. Use your chalkboard paint to paint on a few layers. I did two layers to make sure my plate a had a nice thick player on it. Let your paint dry COMPLETELY. This usually will take about 24 hours. The chalkboard paint needs to really set.
3. Now move onto your bow.
4. To create a Bowdabra Bow for your Chalkboard Love Note Plate, begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18″ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half, and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Following the instructions on the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD create a Simple Boutique Style Bow.
6. Follow the CD’s instructions for finishing the bow. Once finished, tie a scrap piece of 5/8 inch wide red grosgrain ribbon onto the back of the bow. Using the 5/8″ wide red grosgrain as a finishing ribbon on the center of your bow to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire. To keep the grosgrain ribbon tails from fraying run a lighter along the edges of ribbon to keep it from fraying. Another alternative to keep ribbon from fraying, is clear nail polish. Hot glue bow onto your plate.
7. To finish off your Love Note Plate, add your message.
I went with the my favorite of my initials with my Hubbys. It makes me think of us carving our names into a tree, which would totally be awesome, but we have no trees in our yard, so the plate will work just fine.
If you don't want to do initials, you can keep it simple with a one word. I made another one for my kitchen with the work "SIMPLE". It is a great reminder to me and really adds some extra cuteness to my kitchen.
Hope you get a chance to make this fun Love Note Plate.
For more Bowdabra Valentine's Day Projects Click HERE
Don't forget to come back later today for more fun!
Grab a Button and spread the fun!
This Post Sponsored by my co-hosts ......
Check them out for more Valentine Day Goodness!
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Browse my Pinterest Follow me with BlogLovin Send Me an E-mail Link up at My Party