Hello lovelies! Today I am excited to team up with Kohl's to share some tips and tricks to staying fit this holiday season. When I first told my kids that I would be writing this post, they laughed. Can you believe that!? They said "but Mom you never work out". Leave it to your little muchkins to give you a reality check. They're sweet that way :)
When I thought about what they said, I realized it had been quite a while since I had gotten my bum up and exercised. I had gotten really into exercising during my last pregnancy, but when it ended in a miscarriage, working out lost it's appeal. Once I connected those dots, I knew I really needed to write this post. It is kind of like giving myself a pep talk through the blog. I really need to follow more of these tips lovelies! Today I have come up with five tips that will help you stay fit and not have your scale crying this holiday season. No one wants to make the scale cry right? I know I sure don't :) These are simple tips to follow and have made getting up and moving a bit easier for me this past month.
- Five Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season -
1) Buddy Up- Working out with a friend is always more fun than doing it solo. It also makes you a bit more accountable. When I know I have a friend, who is getting up in the wee hours of the morning to exercise with me, I am less likely to hit that snooze button (oh how I love the snooze button lovelies). I also love to buddy up with my kids. If I commit to taking them for a walk or a bike ride, I know I need to follow through. Having those little buggars as encouragement really gets me up and moving.
2) Think Outside The Box- Working out does not have to be going to the gym. It can be many things, like jumping on the trampoline, playing Just Dance with the kids, or heading to the indoor pool for a fun evening of swimming laps. As long as you are moving, you are exercising that body of yours. Also keep in mind that any exercise is better than no exercise. If you are only able to workout for 15 minutes, than commit to that 15 minutes. It is better than doing nothing at all:)
3) Try Something New- When we get into a routine of doing the same thing over and over again, we can become bored with the monotony of it all. If your workout regimen is becoming a bit lack luster, try something new. Library's have so many great workout DVDs that you can check out for free. Netflix and Hulu also have great workout videos in their collections. Oh and I can't forget Youtube. Try something new and have fun doing it!
4) Set Goals and Reward Yourself- Recently we had a Relief Society church activity, where the women got together and did zumba. Have you tried zumba before? It is seriously so fun! Before we started dancing our butts off, one of the Sisters gave a lesson on keeping fit. One thing she mentioned was that she likes to reward herself with some fun, new workout clothes. She sets a goal and when she reaches it, she rewards herself with a new piece of workout gear. There are so many great workout styles out there (I've included some of my favorites in this post). Having something fun to wear, makes you want to work out more. I just got some new running shoes from Kohl's and a few layering essentials to workout in (the shoes are neon pink. Too cute!) Now that I have some new gear, I want to go running even more. Sometimes that something extra special, just kicks starts our motor and gets us running (pun intended)! So set a goal, work hard, and spoil yourself a bit when you reach that goal (budgeted for of course).
5) Have a Great Play List- For me, it is all about the play list. If I don't have a great play list to jam out to, I am less motivated. Right now Taylor Swift and Jessie J are on the top of my list. Working out to "Shake it Off" and "Bang Bang" keeps my energy up. What are your favorite workout jams?
No matter what you do this holiday season, try to keep moving. Have fun with those littles and get outside to move and have fun! Don't forget to check out Kohl's Activewear Section too! They are having some fun sales this month!