Blissful and Domestic - Creating a Beautiful Life on Less: Tallia Renn: Her Birth Story...

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Tallia Renn: Her Birth Story...

Hey there friends!! I'm so dang excited to share that our little Miss Tallia has made her debut. She was born on July 27 at 2:44 pm. What a beautiful day that was!

Today I wanted to share her birth story and a video I put together of her first week. She is truly a ray of sunshine and we can't imagine our life without her. She has truly brought so much joy to our little family.

Now onto this sweet thing's birth story......

On Tuesday, the 26th, I had a midwife appointment. We'd been watching my blood pressure pretty closely, since it started going up once I hit 36 weeks. Tuesday afternoon I met with the midwife and found my blood pressure numbers had not gotten better. They had in fact gotten worse. My numbers were no longer in the safe zone for a home birth. In fact they were in the "this baby needs to be delivered" range. Tiffanie (my midwife) and I discussed the options, cried, and came to the conclusion that I needed to go in to their back up doctor and be induced. I was 38 weeks and 2 days, so baby was safe to come.

Later that evening, my sisinlaw drove me to labor and delivery. Andrea was going to stay and get me settled. Then my other sisinlaw came and stayed with me till the end. Andrea was going to be looking after my kiddos, while I was in the hospital. My red heads said it was like a vacation. They had a blast being with their Aunt and Uncle. Jason was not able to make it home for the delivery. I'm thankful for my sweet sisters, who were a constant support through it all.

At around 10 pm the nurses started me on some blood pressure medication and checked to make sure I had no signs of preeclampsia. I was induced with Libby due to preeclampsia. Thankfully I did not have any signs. I had pregnancy induced hypertension. Once the blood pressure medication started working, the doctor inserted a balloon device to start dilating my cervix. I was also started on pitocin and it was gradually increased in dosage throughout the night.  By now it was around 12 or 1 am Holly (my other sisinlaw) and I were left to wait out my cervix. We were told to get some rest and in the morning I would get checked.

Throughout the night nurses came in to check my blood pressure, give medication, and check baby's heartbeat. Tallia kept moving, so it has hard for the nurses to keep her on the monitor. Holly and I tried to sleep here and there, but we spent most of the night talking. Having her there was a huge blessing. The night went by quickly.

The doctor came in sometime in the morning. I wasn't having any contractions I could feel yet, so I wasn't sure how much I had dilated. When the balloon was taken out, I was told I was dilated to a 6. I couldn't believe it. We were over halfway there.

Soon after 9am Dr. Harter broke my water. I knew once my water broke, things would speed up and the contractions would become more intense. The most painful part of the whole laboring part was when the nurses would check me or had to put internal monitors on the baby. Tallia was so high up, it felt like they were shoving their whole hand inside me. Sorry if that's an over share, but it's part of the story nonetheless.

As the hours went by, the contractions started building. By around noon I had progressed to an 8. I was finally starting to feel like things were getting real. The contractions were intense, but Tallia wasn't coming down. She was still so high up. I decided to try squatting. I had read a lot before hand how that's a great position to get babies to get into the birth canal. I stayed in this position for about an hour or so.

During my whole labor, I made sure I stayed hydrated.  Between all my drinking and the IV, I really had to go pee..... like really bad. I was having issues with the nurse not letting me get up and use the toilet. She wanted me to use a bed pan or pee on the chuck pads. For the life of me I couldn't make myself pee. No matter how much I tried. While squatting I was able to get myself to pee a bit, but about 40 minutes later I really had to pee again.

By now the contractions were very painful. I was still at an 8, but I felt like all the squatting had really helped. Because the contractions were coming so close together, I couldn't relax enough to pee on the chuck pads again, but I was miserable needing to pee and feeling the urge intensify with each contraction. Finally I had enough and told the nurse I was going on the toilet. I think she could tell I was not backing down. I was a woman in labor, who had to pee, and it was going to be on a toilet. Tiffanie helped me to the toilet. I don't think I've ever peed so much guys. After emptying my bladder, things progressed quickly. I think baby girl just needed my bladder to get out of the way, so she could finish descending into the birth canal.

At around 2 things become so intense. I started hitting that point where I was physically spent. I didn't know if I could bare the pain any longer. I did a lot of praying and self pep talks then. Tiffanie and Holly were also so encouraging to me....pushing me along.... reassuring me I was at the finish line and would get to meet my baby soon.

Once I had the urge to push, things happened very quickly. I got into position and started pushing as hard as I could. I knew the quicker she came out, the sooner the pain would end. I was a lady on a mission and I really wanted to meet my baby.

Ever hear the phrase "ring of fire", in regards to child birth? Oh man it is no joke. That was honestly the hardest part. Feeling her head emerging and knowing I needed to push past the pain. I bared down and pushed as hard as I could. Tallia Renn was born at 2:44 pm. She weighed 8lbs 4 oz and was just under 21 inches long.

I'll never forget the feeling of knowing my baby was born and hearing her first cries. She was placed on my chest and we got to cuddle right away. Tears were flowing. I'm still overwhelmed when I think back on that moment. A moment I had prayed for, dreamed of for years, and anticipated for nine months. I couldn't believe my sweet angel was finally here. She was beautiful!

After she was born, I nursed her. The doctor gave me a few stitches and I got cleaned up.
It was honestly a great labor and delivery. Although I couldn't have my home birth as planned, I had a great compromise. My midwife was with me throughout. I had a great support system with my sisinlaws. I honestly couldn't have done it without them. I had some amazing nurses who respected my choices in wanting a completely natural delivery. Yes I had to have medicine for my blood pressure and pitocin to induce, but other than I was left to my own devices....and for that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for an amazing backup doctor, who also respected my conviction to go as natural as possible. Tallia's pregnancy and labor was by far my easiest. Little Miss is 2 1/2 weeks old and is so loved by our little family. We just can't kiss her cute little cheeks enough. I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father, who had us in his hands the whole time. I knew he'd see us through. And thank you Holly for all the labor/delivery photos and footage. I'm so thankful to have these moments captured.

I created a video of Tallia's birth story and her first week for the channel. I also have a little footage from when she was born. Be sure to check it out.

This Sunday is moving day, so I'll be signing off for a bit. Check out the channel this week though. I have videos scheduled to go live for you, while we're making our move to Arizona. Oh and I'll be posting on Instagram through it all, so follow me on there if you don't already :)

and here is a quick video announcing Miss Tallia's birth on the channel...just in case you missed it :)

XO Danielle


  1. Congratulations all of you! She's a darling little blessing!

  2. Congratulations to you and your family! She is precious and I'm so happy for you guys. She is your little angel and she is so blessed to have you as her Mom. You are a great Mom to all your children,the way you spend time with them and teach them the word of God. May God bless you and your family.

  3. Congratulations to the whole family she is just beautiful! So happy for all of you my God bless you all.

  4. Congratulations to the whole family, so happy for all of you. May God bless your family!

  5. Watched your video on this special time and am so happy for you! You have shown your strength in more ways than one with this birth: being in the middle of a move, having your husband unable to attend, and with the physical birth. Your story is an inspiration. Keep up the good work, Mama.

  6. Congratulations to you and your beautiful family on the birth of your little angel, Miss Tallia! God bless all of you! I can't wait to see future videos and read your blogs with this new addition! You're so lucky to have not one but TWO built-in helpers/babysitters! 😍

  7. Massive congratulations to you all! Welcome Tallia Renn! So, so lovely, and thank you for sharing with us all! It brings back recent memories for me, I have a 17 week old baby girl, Ivy, and a nearly 3 year old son, Jonathan, and after waiting 10 years for them it seems even more of a miracle!
    Lots of love, and take it easy during your move!!! Julia, UK. XXXXX

  8. Congratulations! You look great!

  9. Congratulations and blessings to your wonderful family. May the move be as smooth as possible and bub and kiddies settle well to the new changes. Well done :)

  10. I get mad just reading about that nurse not letting you go to the bathroom. I had similar issues, and they ended up using a catheter on me, which was awful. I don't understand why nurses/doctors think laboring women are incapable of getting up and going to the bathroom. Frustrating, but I'm glad in turned out well. Congrats!

  11. I'm a labor and delivery nurse so let me say I do hate causing discomfort yo a patient when I'm trying to get dilation, just my two fingers are used but there isn't much I can do about discomfort and high placement (sorry). The ambulating aka walking while on induction drugs or more concerning PIH/blood pressure issues usually are tied to policies we have no control over for safety issues in those situations. Of course if you are close to delivery, we always worry about a toilet birth too. Usually blood pressure gets worse when sitting up to high or standing or walking. It isn't that we think you arent capable (unless there is an epidural or spinal involved) it always involves something else going on and policies we are held accountable for. We don't just have personal caring involved but rules, policies, and potential litigation/lawsuits guide us as medical personnel. I'm so glad you had a safe delivery and the baby was healthy and still doing awesome. Babies are little miracles.


Blissful and Domestic is a place for inspiration and encouragement. Please remember that when commenting. I read all comments and am thankful for them :)

All comments are moderated. Your comment will appear soon. ;)

I reply to all comments in the comment section, so check back for answers to your questions. You can also email me at :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...